Thursday, June 11, 2009

Family Style Dinners

Some of my fondest memories of growing up revolve around Sunday dinners with the entire family. Coming home from listening to a long sermon, relaxing on the back porch, and enjoying the aromas of dinner cooking. I soon realized that if I harassed my mother enough, she would let me help out a little. This lasted until the day I was mixing mashed potatoes with a hand mixer and with the mixer still running on high, I pulled them out of the bowl!!! We found dried potatoes all over that kitchen for years to come.

Anyway, I digress...after listening to ideas and suggestions concerning things that we could do to improve the dining experience for our members, we have made a couple of changes. In the spirit of the simpler times of our childhood, we are now serving dinner "family style" on Wednesdays and Sundays, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Hors d'oeuvres are served at 6:30, and dinner follows at 7:00.

On another note...Saturday barbeques are back and better than ever. We have three different menus that we plan to rotate through: Burgers and Dogs, Taco Taco Taco bar, and finally the pulled pork and barbeque chicken menu. Hope you can join us for a relaxing day by the pool. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 5-12. Hope to see you there

Ciao,

Jonathon

No comments:

Post a Comment